Best Blogging Practices: Personal
1. Have a meaningful, personal conversation with your readers. Give relevant content to your readers, whether your blog is one of personal reflections, professional expertise or related to business activities.
2. Use the same words that your readers use to search for you and your expertise (use Google Adwords free search tool to check for effective keywords).
Content Is King; Comments Are Even Better
3. When readers leave comments on your blog, and you approve them, these comments become part of your blog. Even better, these are opportunities to engage in virtual conversation with your readers.
4. The more comments you receive, the more effective your blog is, according to Google. The more effective your blog post, the higher your ranking, which generates even more traffic.
Best Blogging Practices: WordPress
Why is WordPress the most popular blogging platform?
5. WordPress is user friendly.
6. WordPress has more resources that are easy to install, easy to implement.
7. WordPress stuff is often free!
Better Practice: Self Host vs. Shared Host Blog
8. Don’t use a shared host blog, example: www.myblog.anotherwebsite.com
9. Do purchase your own domain name, which reinforces your branding. Example: www.integritybasedcommunications.com or www.shelleybaur.com
Best Blogging Practices: Free Resources
10. For a free consultation, call William Bell, a certified Inbound Marketing Professional who works with people who want to grow their businesses online. His direct line is 901.818.2035.
11. Visit www.basicbloggingtips.com for additional best blogging practices.
12. Check out several interviews with William Bell and me on BlogTalkRadio on blogging basics and more best blogging practices.
Best Blogging Practices: Blogging 101 Workshop in Memphis
If you want to start blogging now – or go to the next level in your online presence –
William Bell and I are presenting a live, “how to” workshop in Memphis on Saturday, November 12, from 9:00-12:00 noon.
We’ll cover the topics mentioned above, search engine optimization, and much more to build your brand online.
Join us live, in a hands-on experience for best blogging practices.
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/43z8szg