When I started out to write about mindset and how it relates to success, I found lots of fascinating research on the power of the subconscious mind. Not surprisingly, many of us are curious about understanding the power of the subconscious.
Power Of The Subconscious?
With about one hundred billion nerve cells, the complexity of the brain is mind-boggling. About 10% of our life activity is attributed to the conscious mind.
Ninety percent is attributed to the power of the subconscious, based on past programming stored in the subconscious.
If we don’t like the results we are getting, we can re-program.
How Do We Re-Program The Mind?
Years ago, I used daily affirmations to re-program limiting beliefs, accessing the power of the subconscious. Finding those index cards recently, every single one of those affirmations had come true!
Writing about the power of the subconscious was triggered by observing my repeated pattern, struggle-discipline-mastery. The most recent example was getting beyond resistance and excuses to a “breakthrough” — actually enjoy blogging regularly.
Sharing my thoughts and experience about truth-telling has been rewarding to me, both personally and professionally. Unleashing the power of the subconscious mind literally changed the course of my life and my relationships. Readers report it to be “liberating” and “empowering.”
Power Of The Subconscious Mind: Discipline
Preparing to teach a basic blogging workshop, I wanted to share about disciplines generally required for success, specifically as it relates to the mindset required to write on a regular basis and to maintain a professional blog.
Considering works by Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich), my own 20+ years with the Mastermind process, and the prolific work of Brian Tracy, I decided to pull from each.
My comments about how you can practically apply the power of the subconscious mind are prompted by Tracy’s “Seven Secrets of Sales Success.”
Practical Application For Power Of The Subconscious Mind
1. Get Serious! You are an expert at something. Make it your goal to reach the top 10% in your field of study and expertise. Make a commitment, then unleash the power of the subconscious mind.
2. Identify What Is Holding You Back. What one skill do you need to turb0 charge your success? What would have the greatest, most positive impact, unleashing the power of the subconscious mind? Be bold; ask for help.
3. Get Around The Right People. Join or create a Mastermind group. Varying from business advisory boards to prayerful spiritual groups, what they have in common is unconditional commitment to each others’ success and accountability.
4. Take Control of Your Physical Health. Exercise every day, feed your mind with positive thoughts, your body with healthy food. Get adequate rest. These behaviors alone will lower stress related to the top three diseases in America today.
5. Visualize Success. See yourself as one of the top people in your field. The mind thinks in pictures. Tap into the power of the subconscious mind, visually reinforcing the daily activities necessary for your success. See your success!
6. Practice Positive Self-Talk. This may create the need to break old habits (“You’ll never make it” or “You’re not smart enough”) and replace them with nurturing, encouraging messages based in fact (“I am propelled by the power of positive expectancy, taking the necessary action steps to succeed” or “No matter what you say, I am a valuable and worthwhile person”.) Having an “attitude of gratitude” can unleash the power of the subconscious in ways that exceed any previous level of success – including excellent health!
7. Take Action! Identify the high value activities that will drive your success. Take positive steps toward achieving your goals every single day. Be intentional about enlisting the power of the subconscious as your ally. “Do It Now!” as Nike says.
Les Brown simply states, “There’s nothing like the power of a made-up mind!”
Harnessing the 90%, the power of the subconscious mind, is the key to your success.
William Bell and I spend more time discussing the power of the subconscious in our most recent BlogTalkRadio show. Listen in as we explore the power of the subconscious mind and how it can help you succeed – in blogging or anything else!
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/3llk58y